On completion of the training program, the student will be awarded the following qualifications:
- Certificate of Working at Height awarded by Bureau Veritas Business School.
As per Work at Height Legislations, international Standards, this course has been developed to provide participants with a theory and practical knowledge of equipment requirements and safe work methods to be used when working at heights.
Who the course is for
This course has been designed to give workers, operators, supervisors and managers alike the required knowledge in the significant issues associated with working at height and information on the range and suitability of equipment and platforms used for working at height.
Participants should acquire the skills, i.e. knowledge, abilities and attitudes needed to work at Height.
After completing the training, students will be able to::
- Understand policy for working at height.
- Understand the principle legislation on working at height.
- Recognize the hazards and administer control measures when working at height.
- Recognize the hazards associated with ladders and stepladders, scaffolds, MEWPs, Cradles and other means of access to the working area.
- Consider the factors in organizing and planning work at height.
- Consider how to design out ladder usage.
- Select and use the correct access equipment suiting the type of activity.
- Do inspection of fall arrest system, fall restraint and work positioning equipment
- Understand procedures of working at different platforms
- Understand rescue procedures